Updated September 20, 2020
In mid-August, we started to open up our church building to Village Church Hampden attendees for limited-capacity service watch parties every Sunday at 10am. During this time, we have been playing our pre-recorded service video in our church sanctuary through our video projectors so that some of us can worship together as a physical body once again.
For the past few weeks, we had been making this available at an invite-only basis so that we can limit attendance and make sure we can do the watch party safely. But now we are opening this opportunity up to everybody who would like to attend. For the next several months, you will have the option to either continue watching our services at home (on our website or on Facebook), or you can register in advance and come into our church building for our watch party.
We are requiring pre-registration for this watch party. This is to ensure that we are limiting our building attendance to ensure proper physical distancing, but also so that we can quickly communicate to people who attended a service in the hypothetical case of a COVID-19 case linked to our church building.
If you are interested in joining this limited-capacity service watch party, please go to www.villagehampden.com/
But is it safe to come? Obviously, there will be some risks involved if you decide to come. However, please know that we are doing our best to make sure that our physical attendance as safe as possible. Here are some things to know.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days will be permitted.
- The church lobby, sanctuary, and bathrooms will be cleaned by a professional cleaning service prior to each watch party.
- If the weather permits, all doors will be propped open so that attendees will not need to touch door handles.
- We will be taking registration in the lobby to match people who arrive with those who have registered in advance. Walk-ins will only be permitted if the attendance cap of that week has not yet been met.
- Masks will be required for everyone five years and older. Those who arrive without masks will be given masks at registration.
- Entrance and exit stairwells will be designated for one-way traffic to help maintain a six-foot separation.
- Only every third pew will be available for seating to maintain a six-foot separation. Other pews will be roped off.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the building.
- We will require everyone to maintain a six-foot separation between all people on church property.
- Nothing will be distributed during service (e.g. offering plate, communion).
We understand that many people in our church are not planning on attending our Sunday watch parties right now. Our levels of risk and our life circumstances vary from person to person. We hope that we can all respect one another despite the choices we make.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Sunday Service Watch Party, you can refer to our online FAQ that we have assembled, or you can email Summer at [email protected]. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to lead through this pandemic. We are excited to worship together in person once again!