Updated April 30, 2021
We recognize that the pandemic is still alive and well, and we want to do everything we can to hold to public health protocols, not only so that we can be honoring our secular governments, but also so that we can be loving the most vulnerable populations among us well. With that said, we also recognize that many people in our community are yearning to be in physical community with one another, and still others do not have the technological capabilities to participate in online events. Thus, our aim is to provide both online service options and in-person options for the foreseeable future.
Our services take place every Sunday at 10am. You can either participate online at home (on our Facebook page, on our YouTube page, or on our website here), or you can come into our church building for limited-capacity watch parties.
During our watch parties, we play our pre-recorded service video through our video projectors, and after every service we spend some time getting to know one another over pizza. These days, we often have a live preacher as well, and in those cases, we rope off the first few rows in the middle section.
Please register in advance if you plan on attending a watch party. This ensures that we are limiting our building attendance to have proper physical distancing, and also so that we can quickly communicate to people who attended a service in the hypothetical case of a COVID-19 case linked to our church building.
To register, please go to www.villagehampden.com/
Here are some protocols that we are taking.
- If the weather permits, all doors will be open to minimize contact with common surfaces.
- Entrance and exit stairwells will be designated for one-way traffic to help maintain a six-foot separation.
- The first few rows in the middle section will be roped off if someone will be speaking from the stage. Every other pew will also be roped off to maintain a six-foot separation.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the building.
- Nothing will be distributed during service (e.g. offering plate, communion).
- We will not have Village Kids classes. A packet of supplies for kids is available in the back of the sanctuary. Toys will be available in the front left of the sanctuary.
- Only the lobby, the sanctuary, the three bathrooms, the stairwells, and the ground floor hallway will be open. All other parts of the building will be closed.
Here are the protocols that we are asking you to take.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea) or known exposure to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days will be permitted.
- Masks are required for everyone five years and older. Those who arrive without masks are given masks at registration.
- Maintain a six-foot separation between all people on church property.
We understand that many people in our church are not planning on attending our Sunday watch parties right now. That is more than okay. Our levels of risk and our life circumstances vary from person to person. We hope that we can all respect one another despite the choices we make.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Sunday Service Watch Party, please contact us at [email protected] or 443-595-6447. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to lead through this pandemic. We look forward to the day when we can all worship together in person once again!
P.S. Our Sunday watch party was featured on the local news in November! Check it out on FOX 45.