Updated December 2, 2020
Every Sunday at 10am, we have limited-capacity service watch parties in our church sanctuary. During these times, we play our pre-recorded service video through our video projectors so that some of us can worship together as a physical body once again, and after every service we spend some time getting to know one another over pizza.
Coming to a watch party requires pre-registration. This ensures that we are limiting our building attendance to have proper physical distancing, and also so that we can quickly communicate to people who attended a service in the hypothetical case of a COVID-19 case linked to our church building.
If you are interested in joining this limited-capacity service watch party, please go to www.villagehampden.com/
Here are some protocols that we are taking.
- The church lobby, sanctuary, and bathrooms are cleaned by a professional cleaning service every week prior to each watch party.
- If the weather permits, all doors are propped open so that attendees do need to touch door handles.
- We take registration in the lobby to match people who arrive with those who have registered in advance. Walk-ins are only permitted if the attendance cap of that week has not yet been met.
- Entrance and exit stairwells are designated for one-way traffic to help maintain a six-foot separation.
- Only every third pew is available for seating to maintain a six-foot separation. Other pews are roped off.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the building.
- Nothing is distributed during service (e.g. offering plate, communion).
- Only the lobby, the sanctuary, the three bathrooms, the stairwells, and the ground floor hallway are open. All other parts of the building are closed.
Here are the protocols that we are asking you to take.
- If you have had any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea) in the past 24 hours, do not come. If you have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, do not come. If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, do not come.
- Masks are required for everyone five years and older. Those who arrive without masks are given masks at registration.
- Maintain a six-foot separation between all people on church property.
We understand that many people in our church are not planning on attending our Sunday watch parties right now. That is more than okay. Our levels of risk and our life circumstances vary from person to person. We hope that we can all respect one another despite the choices we make.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Sunday Service Watch Party, you can refer to our online FAQ. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to lead through this pandemic. We look forward to the day when we can all worship together in person once again!
P.S. Our Sunday watch party was featured on the local news in November! Check it out on FOX 45.