Join the Village Church Hampden for our 2022 Summer Retreat.
Retreats are a special time for the church to get away together for refreshment, renewal, & growth with the community.
We are honored to welcome our guest speaker, Dr. Michelle Ami Reyes.
Michelle Ami Reyes, PhD, is the Vice President of the Asian American Christian Collaborative and the Scholar in Residence at Hope Community Church. She is the author of Becoming All Things: How Small Changes Lead to Lasting Connections Across Cultures. Dr. Reyes has contributed to several book chapters including The Jesus I Wish I Knew in High School and Take Heart: 100 Devotions to Seeing God When Life’s Not Okay. She serves on the board for Redbud Writers Guild, is a writing fellow at Missio Alliance, and a regular contributor at (in)courage and Think Christian. Her writing on faith and culture can be found in many other publications, including Christianity Today, Patheos, and Faithfully Magazine. She lives in Austin, Texas with her pastor husband and two amazing kids. You can connect with her and her work at https://michelleamireyes.com
Separate men’s and women’s bunk-style rooms with shared bathrooms. Bring your own linens, blanket, towels.
– Meals will include dinner on Friday, breakfast, and lunch on Saturday.
– Friday night dinner starts at 7pm promptly.
– Skycroft meals are buffet-style, with options for vegetarians, vegans.
– They always have food that doesn’t include wheat products, but they do not keep a separate prep area for gluten-free foods.
– If you have a severe allergy or food need, let us know so arrangements can be made.
– Register through Eventbrite. Payment ($75) can be made through Eventbrite or by check or cash in the offering box in the church building. Follow instructions on the Eventbrite form.
– CHILDREN: There is no special programming for children. Children 3 & under are free but need to be registered if they will need a seat in the dining hall.
– FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Limited help may be available, so contact us to inquire about that.
– DEADLINE for registration: Thursday, May 5.
– Payment for registration is for admittance to the event and is not a charitable contribution to The Village.
You will get the most out of the event if you attend all sessions and make use of time between sessions for community building, private study, and rest. The gym and hiking trails will be open for your use during breaks.
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Arrival and Registration
7:00 PM – 7:45 PM: Dinner at Skycroft
8:30 PM: Session 1
10:00 AM – Session 2
3:30 PM – Session 3
5:30 PM: Depart